K-News Weekly Headlines: Comebacks from KARD, MAMAMOO, Epik High; Upcoming Fanmeets; And New Pictorials Featuring Your Idols
Korean entertainment news for the last week of February has been filled with various updates and laying down plans for upcoming fan meets for the year.
Catch up to Korean entertainment news with ease as we summarize what happened each week. Stay regularly updated with your favorite artists and bias by following this segment closely with us!
This weekly digest will cover K-Pop comebacks, album releases, and Korean drama news, reviews and updates. Relevant news on Korean entertainment such as celebrity buzz, film and box office information, as well as concert tours and fan meetings will also be included.
*Covers Korean entertainment news from February 24 to March 2
- HallyuPopFest 2019
Now on its second year of celebrating Southeast Asia’s largest K-Pop music festival, HallyuPopFest 2019 gears up for an all-out entertaining activities this year on May 25 and 26. Artists that are set to grace the event are Super Junior, PENTAGON, and (G)I-DLE.
- Seo Kang Jun Brings His Fan Meet To Manila
May 2019 will definitely be more charming than ever as Seo Kang Jun brings The Last Charm: Seo Kang Jun Live In Manila to the New Frontier Theater through a one-night-only event.
- B1A4’s Jun Ji Young Announces Domestic Fan Meeting In March
Link8 Entertainment announced on February 26 that Jun Ji Young will hold his second solo fan meeting, Jin Young Inside Me, in South Korea on March 30 at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- MONSTA X To Perform at 2019 iHeartRadio Music Festival
MONSTA X is going to visit the iHeartRadio’s Music Festival for one night only on September 21 at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds. The boys will join the Daytime Stage lineup with artists like Juice WRLD, Billie Eilish, Zara Larsson and more.
- Bae Jin Young 1st Asia Fan Meeting Tour <I’M YOUNG>
Former Wanna One member Bae Jin Young is the next in line to travel to several cities around Asia. C9 Entertainment confirmed that Bae Jin Young will be heading out for a solo fan meeting tour around Asia!
- Ong Seong Wu First Fan Meeting – Eternity tour in Singapore
Set to take place on April 6 at 6 PM, the event will bring a Saturday to remember for eternity to fans who anticipate Seong Wu’s career as a solo artist after promoting with Wanna One for the past one and a half years.
- Park Bo Gum Prepares For A Philippine Fan Meet
Blossom Entertainment confirms the good news: Philippine fans will be able to meet Korea’s favorite boyfriend up close at the 2019 Park Bo Gum Asia Tour <좋은 날 : May your everyday be a good day>.
- NU’EST Unveils Details For Group Concert In Seoul
Through social media posts, Pledis Entertainment revealed that JR, Aron, Min Hyun, Baekho, and Ren will hold the 2019 NU’EST Concert <Segno> on April 12 to 14 at the Olympic Park, KSPO Dome.
- SF9 Takes Their Unlimited World Tour To The USA And Europe
SF9 is coming to hear your screams live, as they are heading to your cities in U.S and Europe very soon through their Unlimited world tour.
K-Concert & K-Fanmeeting Recaps
- iKON Unveils Samsung’s Newest Phones In Singapore
Handpicked by the top innovator in digital technology, iKON came to Singapore’s Unleash Next Gen Bold to unbox the latest Samsung S10 and S10+ phones.
- Yoon Ji Sung Launches Fan Meeting Tour In Seoul
Yoon Ji Sung, formerly of Wanna One, started off his first-ever solo fan meeting tour with a successful back-to-back show at the Blue Square Market Hall from February 23 to 24.
- Seo Kang Joon Concludes A Lovely Fan Meeting In Thailand
Seo Kang Joon had successfully wrapped up his Thailand fan meeting at the Chaengwattana Hall through a series of charming song covers and various performances.
- The Great Seungri Tour In Singapore Comes To A Rousing Close
Living up to his concert title, Big Bang’s Seungri truly put the “Great” in his show as he filled the night with boisterous laughter and great performances.
- Samsung and iKON Join Forces To Launch The Samsung Galaxy S10 In Manila
Representing the new generation as one of the South Korea’s hottest idols, iKON took over Cove Manila on February 26 to join Samsung in launching the newest addition to the Galaxy line — the Samsung Galaxy S10.
K-Pop News Corner
- Jeon Somi Prepares For Solo Debut
Former I.O.I. member Jeon Somi will finally be introducing herself as a solo artist this May, as confirmed by her new agency The Black Label.
- Taeyeon Announces Potential Comeback
Amidst her busy schedule, SM Entertainment confirms that Taeyeon is planning to release new music within the year.
- ITZY Makes Debut in February’s Brand Reputation Rankings
Aside from making their debut on South Korean music charts, rookie girl group ITZY has also made a spectacular debut on the February idol brand reputation rankings.
- (G)I-DLE Become Señoritas In Their New Mini Album, I Made
- BTS, Twice, And SEVENTEEN Bring Home Awards From the 33rd Japan Gold Disc Awards
BTS, Twice, and SEVENTEEN shone through and brought home awards for their albums’ phenomenal sales performance from last year and their artistry at this year’s Japan Gold Disc Awards.
- MONSTA X Celebrates First Music Show Win For “Alligator”
MONSTA X tastes victory once again with new song, “Alligator”. The group took first place on SBS’s The Show on February 26, 2019. They scored a total of 9480 votes against SF9’s 2678 and LOONA’s 3638.
- 1THE9 Confirms Debut Timetable Of Events
The countdown for the debut of Under Nineteen‘s boy group 1THE9 will start now as the date is dropped, as well as dates of its reality show premiere and Japan concert.
- Bae Jin Young Confirms Solo Plans And Debut With C9BOYZ
C9 Entertainment announced Bae Jin Young’s personal schedule and individual activities, including his addition to the soon-to-debut group C9BOYZ!
- BTS Sells Out Tickets For Wembley Stadium
Just when you thought the group couldn’t get even more powerful, BTS ended up selling out all tickets for the London stop of their Love Yourself: Speak Yourself world tour within 90 minutes, prompting the group to add a few more dates to their European tour.
- Ha Sung Woon Makes Debut With “Bird” Music Video
Former Wanna One member Ha Sung Woon dropped his first solo music video for his album’s title track called “Bird” on February 28, showcasing his sound as a solo artist.
- Jeong Sewoon Reveals Comeback Details For New Mini Album
Singer Jeong Sewoon dropped the first teaser for his new mini-album on the first day of March, signaling the start of the countdown for Plus Minus Zero, a mini-album scheduled for release on March 19.
- Jus2 Releases Breathtaking Comeback Teasers
It is not today or yesterday that Ahgases’ hearts have been pounding with excitement. The past month of February was electrified with the upcoming sub-unit of GOT7, comprised of JB and Yugyeom.
K-Pop Comeback News & Updates
- WINNER Wraps Up Recording For Comeback Album
YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun Suk confirmed that WINNER has officially completed recording songs for their new album.
- SHINee’s Key Prepares Repackaged Album
I Wanna Be is a repackage album specially prepared by Key for his fans as a special gift ahead of his upcoming military enlistment.
- TXT Releases First Set Of Teasers For “Crown”
The countdown for the debut of TXT is almost nearing its end, and Big Hit Entertainment is taking no break in teasing fans by releasing TXT’s first official music video teaser, their track list, and other samples of their vocals and choreography.
- IZ*ONE Prepares For An April Comeback
Phenomenal rookie girl group IZ*ONE confirms that they are preparing to make waves in the music industry with another comeback sometime in April.
- B.A.P’s Bang Yong Guk Is Set To Release A Solo Album
Bang Yong Guk finally announces the upcoming launch of his first solo album through A Short Film About Bang Yong Guk “Journey”.
- Ha Sung Woo Expresses Excitement Over Upcoming Solo Album Release
Ha Sung Woon got candid about his feelings in releasing his first solo mini-album My Moment at a press conference at Yes24 Live Hall in Seoul.
- KARD Makes A Long-Awaited Comeback With New Vibe
Co-ed group KARD will be making waves with much-awaited new music and a new vibe as the group officially confirms its return in March.
- MAMAMOO Confirms Comeback Date For White Wind
- Epik High Is Set To Release A Star-Studded Album
Tablo, Mithra Jin, and Tukutz of Epik High will fill your dose of good music in March with their newest album sleepless in _____ which will feature Sunwoo JungA, Crush, Code Kunst, Yuna, and BTS’ Suga.
K-Drama News, Recaps, & Reviews
- K-Drama Premiere: Trap
- K-Drama Reviews: The Last Empress
- The Light In Your Eyes Recaps: Premiere, Ep3, Ep4, Ep5
- Romance Is A Bonus Book Recaps: Premiere, Ep03, Ep04, Ep05, Ep06, Ep07, Ep08, Ep09, Ep 10, Ep 11
- Touch Your Heart Recaps: Premiere, EP3, EP4, EP5, Ep6
- jTBC Wraps Up Official Cast For My Country
Sidus HQ announces that Jang Hyuk is set to join the cast of jTBC’s historical drama My Country, alongside cast members Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan. The upcoming drama also boasts a dream team ensemble that gathers shining stars in the industry.
- Ahn Woo Yeon Set To Star In MBC’s The Banker
Ahn Woo Yeon will be starring in MBC’s financial office drama The Banker, alongside industry veterans Kim Sang Joong, Chae Si Ra and Yoo Dong Geun.
- Lee Jong Suk Receives Enlistment Date
A-MAN project confirmed the news that Lee Jong Suk will officially start serving in an alternative military service starting March 8.
- Lee Jun Ho Exudes A Serious Facade In Stills for TVN’s Confession
Lee Jun Ho is featured in teaser photos of tvN’s upcoming weekend drama, Confession. Lee is dapper in a stunning business suit, exuding a brooding and pensive expression.
- tvN Completes Cast For Upcoming Drama, WWW
Joining actress Im Soo Jung are Jang Ki Yong, Lee Da Hee, Jeon Hye Jin, and Ji Seung Hyun in tvN’s upcoming drama WWW.
- Gong Myung And Ahn Jae Hong Complete The Cast For jTBC’s Latest Drama
Actors Chun Woo Hee, Jeon Yeo Bin and Han Ji Eun will be starring in jTBC’s latest romantic drama, Melo Is My Nature.
K-Celeb/Film & TV News
- Rain And Kim Tae Hee Announce Pregnancy
Singer Rain and actress Kim Tae Hee confirm the happy news that they are expecting a second child, due in September.
- Red Velvet Branches Out Into The Fashion Industry
Kicking things into high gear through The Selects x Red Velvet 1st Collaboration Project Showcase at SoHo, New York, Red Velvet added another activity. Recently, Irene has modeled Eider’s 2019 Spring/Summer clothing collection.
- Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo Strut Gentle Monster’s Latest Eyewear Collection
Korean eyewear brand Gentle Monster officially launched this season’s eyewear collection, by showcasing their latest collection with the help of Korean stars Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo.
- Produce X 101 Secures Five-Year Contracts For Winners
Mnet has confirmed that the project group it is seeking to debut from Produce X 101 will be here for a long run as their members will be receiving five-year contracts, inclusive of events for group and individual promotions.
K-Magazine + Interviews
- Park Bo Gum Models For Lifestyle Brand TNGT
Park Bo Gum strikes the balance between modern and balanced work and everyday life as he sports TNGT’s Spring/Summer 2019 clothing collection.
- Kim Young Kwang Models For Noblesse Men Magazine
The Noblesse Men magazine unveiled shots of their pictorial with actor Kim Young Kwang, looking like a debonair model wearing Italian men’s luxury brand Ermenegildo Zegna.
- Ong Seong Wu Shines In Elle Magazine Photoshoot
Captivating with his visuals, Ong Seong Wu dazzled in pictures from his Elle Magazine pictorial, posted on Fantagio’s official SNS channel.
- Yoo Seung Ho Radiates A Cool Vibe For Dazed Korea Magazine
Immediately after My Strange Hero, Yoo headed to the US for a photo shoot with Dazed Korea Magazine. The handsome actor shone as bright as the LA, California sun in the magazine photos.