K-Pop News Weekly Headlines: BIGBANG’s Taeyang & Daesung Military Service Discharge, Hanbin, MONSTA X, #VICTON1stwin, Kang Daniel & More
Catch up to K-Pop news with ease as we summarize what happened each week!
Stay regularly updated with your favorite artists and bias by following this segment closely with us!
*Covers K-Pop entertainment news from November 10 to November 17
K-Pop News Corner
- MONSTA X Thanks Monbebes And Delivers Amazing Speeches At 2019 V Live Awards V HEARTBEAT Ceremony
MONSTA X dedicated yet another win of theirs to Monbebes who stayed with them all along the way and showered them with utmost love and support that help them power through all the time!
- MAMAMOO’s Hwasa Crowned As Leading Female Idol In November Brand Rankings
Based on the recently released data from the Korean Business Research Institute, Hwasa of femme fatale group MAMAMOO has topped the brand reputation rankings among girl group members in November.
- Winning Stars Who Received Lots Of Love From Fans At The 2019 V Live Awards V HEARTBEAT
Bagging awards as part of the V Live Global Artist Top 12 winners, K-Pop groups BLACKPINK, BTS, EXO, GOT7, iKON, IZ*ONE, MONSTA X, NCT, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, TWICE, and WINNER added new accolades to their shelves courtesy of their fans who continued on showing them avid support on the video streaming platform.
- BTS’ Jimin and BIGBANG’s G-Dragon Reign As Top Male Idols In November Brand Rankings
According to the latest data released by the Korean Business Research Institute, visual-blinding and multi-talented Hallyu stars BTS’ Jimin and BIGBANG’s G-Dragon are the top male idols in this month’s individual brand reputation rankings.
- ITZY Takes On An Exciting Healing Vacation Through First-Ever Reality Show “Paris Et ITZY”
South Korean monster rookie girl group ITZY will be treating fans with new and exciting content very soon.
- BTS Makes It To Billboard’s “Latest Hot Tours List” With Massive Ticket Sales From “Love Yourself: Speak Yourself” Tour
BTS has been consecutively breaking and creating new records left and right. Their last concert tour, Love Yourself: Speak Yourself which ended on October 29 has been immensely successful and boasts massive turnout.
- The Boyz’ Younghoon To Sit Out From Upcoming Activities Due To Sudden Injury
Cre.Ker Entertainment announced on November 15 that The Boyz’ Younghoon will be sitting out from group activities for the meantime due to a sudden injury caused by a minor accident.
- SEVENTEEN’s Seungkwan Completes The Fixed Cast Of JTBC Talk Variety Show “5 Brothers”
Boo Seungkwan strikes gold once again as he lands the last permanent emcee position on the new talk variety show 5 Brothers, which he would start appearing in this November 21 for its fourth episode.
- HyunA And DAWN Share How They Felt About Each Other’s Confessions At “Cultwo Show”
As part of her promotions for “Flower Shower,” HyunA sat down with DJs Yoo Min-sang and Kim Tae-gyun at the SBS Power FM show, Escape at 2pm, Cultwo Show on November 12. Her partner DAWN also sat in as a surprise, and the two ended up sharing how they felt about each other’s confessions.
- TXT Exhibits Amazing Talents In jTBC’s “Idol Room”
TXT may be newbies, but they know how to be ridiculously funny and entertaining in variety shows. The global rookie group from BigHit Entertainment recently made an appearance in JTBC’s Idol Room.
- VICTON Emotionally Grabs Their First-Ever Music Show Win Since Debut With “Nostalgic Night”
On November 12, the K-Pop boy band, who is now promoting as six-member group sans their beloved leader Han Seung Woo, has finally bagged their very first music show win since their debut in 2016.
- Noel Notches Chart Sweeping Feat With Digital Single “Late Night”
Released on November 7, the digital single of Noel made an exemplary leap with its beautiful sound. “Late Night” ranks first on Melon, Genie, Bugs Music, Soribada and more music platform charts in data revealed on November 11.
- ATEEZ Powers Up Perfectly Fiery “Utopia” Japanese Debut Music Video
ATEEZ really gave the music scene a heart attack as they defined perfection in the music video for their Japanese debut track “Utopia”!
- BLACKPINK Creates History As “DDU-DU-DDU-DU” Incredibly Hits One Billion Views On YouTube
BLACKPINK is steadily wowing fans around the world with their wide-list of achievements. This time, the beautiful and talented quartet from YG Entertainment has created yet again another remarkable history on the YouTube platform.
- HyunA Dishes On Her Search For An Entertainment Company At “Kim Shin Young’s Noon Song Of Hope”
HyunA sat down with Kim Shin Young at her MBC FM4U radio show Noon Song Of Hope. The fiery songstress talked about her search for an entertainment company after her departure from Cube Entertainment, and how she ended up under P-Nation Entertainment.
- SF9’s Zuho Comforts Fans With Heartfelt New Self-Produced Solo Song “Attic”
SF9’s Zuho shared another special gift to his fans as he finally released the new song he has been working on – and it was a heavenly delight to listen to!
- VIXX’s Leo Announces Upcoming Military Enlistment As A Public Service Worker
Through a handwritten letter, VIXX’s Leo informed Starlights on November 14 of his upcoming enlistment for mandatory military service, which he would be carrying on as a public service worker.
- (G)I-DLE Impressively Maintains Lead Among K-Pop Girl Groups In November Brand Rankings
The Korean Business Research Institute has finally revealed the brand reputation rankings among female idol groups for the month of November. Based on their latest list, rising femme fatale group (G)I-DLE held on their glorious seat at the No.1 spot for November.
- Kang Daniel Thanks Danity For Helping Him Receive Idol Pick’s Long-Term Award From 4th DongA Awards
After showing the world his extreme popularity, Kang Daniel has earned Idol Pick’s Long-Term Award from the recent 4th DongA Awards!
- BIGBANG’s Taeyang And Daesung Hope To Repay Fans After Successful Mandatory Stints In The Military
After twenty months of waiting, Taeyang and Daesung of the legendary K-Pop boy group BIGBANG are now officially discharged from the military.
- MONSTA X’s Wonho Voted As The Idol Fans Want To Go To A Halloween Party With The Most, According To Survey
MONSTA X’s Wonho is the idol fans want to go to a Halloween party with the most, according to a recent survey from Starplay!
K-Pop Comeback Spotlight & News
- AOA Welcomes A “New Moon” Through Comeback Announcement
November has been filled to the brim with exciting comebacks so far, and AOA is surely not missing out. The quintet took their fans by surprise as they released a stellar parade of concept photos, teasing their upcoming return to the music industry with fresh concepts and an even fresher sound.
- NCT’s Jaehyun To Kick Off New SM STATION Season With Heartwarming Songs For Winter
Winter won’t be cold anymore as NCT’s Jaehyun sets to warm everyone’s hearts with the sweet songs he prepared for SM STATION!
- Park Jin Young Is Back With An Addictive Music “Fever” And A Concert
JYP Entertainment’s CEO Park Jin Young is up for a comeback in December. Announced on the agency’s social media accounts, J.Y. Park will release his new song titled “Fever”.
- Stray Kids Prepares For Take Off With “Astronaut” Comeback Teaser Photos
Looking extremely lovely, the boys of Stray Kids introduced a warm and soft, albeit still mysterious, atmosphere in the individual teaser photos they shared from November 11 to 13.
- Kang Daniel Sparks Excitement By Teasing Fiery Digital Single For November
The multi-talented idol gave Danity a pleasant surprise on November 13 as he announced the upcoming release of his new digital single on social media!
- Zico’s First Full Length Album “Thinking Part 2”
Zico has yet again delivered great songs through his latest album, Thinking Part 2. Each of the songs is lyrically powerful with deep meaning. Continuing with similar theme from the first part of the album, the second part too explores through various emotions that the rapper has felt while balancing between his celebrity life and personal life.
- Ong Seong Wu Reveals How “At Eighteen” Paved His Acting Journey In Recent Harper’s Bazaar Interview
South Korean idol-turned-actor Ong Seong Wu will be decorating the newest issue of Harper’s Bazaar with his captivating visuals and stylish vibes.
- iKONICs Rejoice Over Hopeful Sign From iKON’s Hanbin With #HANBINBEBACK
The alarm has been rung for iKONICs as a new sign of hope shows itself in iKON’s beloved leader Hanbin’s latest Instagram activity!
- The Sweet Little Things MONSTA X’s Wonho Tweeted For Monbebes In The Past Three Months
Sure, grand gestures of love are amazing – but it is the little things that actually tie our hearts to someone. Although taken for granted most of the time, the kind of love radiated by the sincerity in every little thing one does take harder to destroy.
- GOT7 Goals To Continue Gifting Fans With Exuberant Music And Superb Concert Tours
Loved for their gift to inspire and entertain through music, GOT7 ensures steady and sincere purpose as one of the most sought-after idols of their generation. Continuously releasing albums while promoting through concert series, giving back to their fans has always been of paramount importance to JYP Entertainment’s prized group.
- B.A.P’s Youngjae Talks About His Goals, Music Dreams, And New Drama As A Rising Solo Artist
Rising singer-songwriter Youngjae has recently participated in a media interview to talk about his current activities and future plans as a soloist.
K-Pop Concert News & Recaps
- SF9 Returns With A Celestial Night Of Shining Performances For “UNIXERSE In Manila”
SF9 opened a new universe with their Filipino FANTASY who patiently waited for their return to the Manila stage as the nine-member group took over the New Frontier Theater for their UNIXERSE in Manila concert on November 16, 2019.
- Akdong Musician To Sail Around South Korea For Their Solo Concert
Nation’s siblings, Akdong Musician preps to hold concert series starting December. Since this will be the largest event to happen ever since they debuted, fans are so ready for the anticipated music cruise.
- NCT DREAM Sweetly Sells Out Two-Day Overseas Debut Solo Concert In Bangkok
NCT DREAM showed the power that they hold as they successfully sell out their upcoming two-day solo concert in Bangkok!
- SEVENTEEN Prepares To Make Their Dreams Come True With A Dome Tour
SEVENTEEN has been dominating the K-Pop world this year, and it seems like they will be continuing to do more in 2020. Next year, the powerhouse boy group will be taking Japan by storm as they embark on a dome tour.
- VICTON To Bring Over A “New World” With Upcoming First Solo Concert In Seoul
VICTON made their fans very, very happy as they announced their first-ever solo concert which will finally be happening after such a long wait!
Sources: Hellokpop Internal Links