TVXQ album outsold by rookie solo artist
TVXQ’s repackaged album has been beaten to number one in November by INFINITE’s Sunggyu’s debut solo album, the GAON monthly charts shows.
The November monthly album charts for GAON, Korea’s national music chart has been released and TVXQ’s repackaged album Humanoids (Repackage) has been outsold this month by newly solo artist Sungkyu of INFINITE.
Sunggyu’s debut solo album, Another Me has sold 63,000 copies last month while TVXQ’s repackaged album managed to sell 58,000 copies, selling about 5,000 units less than the number one position held by the leader of INFINITE.
Meanwhile, B1A4’s third mini-album In The Wind debuted at number three and BEAST’s Yoseob’s debut solo album The First Collage also debuted at number four this month (November), selling 48,000 and 36,000 copies respectively.
Top 10 album sales in November
- Sunggyu – Another Me, 62,958 copies
- TVXQ – Humanoids (Repackaged), 57,598 copies
- B1A4 – In The Wind, 47,559 copies
- Yoseob – The First Collage, 36,240 copies
- Boyfriend – Janus, 25,687 copies
- Lee Seung Gi – Forest, 18,666 copies
- Block B – Blockbuster, 13,530 copies
- Park Jungmun – Beautiful (Single), 9,623
- TVXQ – Catch Me, 8,131 copies
- G-Dragon – One Of a Kind, 6,399 copies
However, it should be noted that Sunggyu’s debut album was released a week before TVXQ’s repackaged album, which was released on November 26, giving the album only a few days to accumulate almost 58,000 sales.
For the weekly album charts, during the period between November 25 to December 1, TVXQ’s Humanoid (Repackaged) album and Yoseob’s The First Collage both debuted at number one and two respectively, beating Sunggy’s debut album at number three.
TVXQ’s Catch Me and Humanoids (Repackaged) album has sold over 300,000 units combined together.