Shape Your Future Through Study In Korea With “2021 Global Korea Scholarship Program”
Korean Embassy is now looking for participants for the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship Program — this might be your chance to study in Korea!
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Philippines is pleased to announce that the
schedule of the application for the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship (Graduate Degrees) is
from 06 March 2021 to 19 March 2021.
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea at graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
As Korean Government Scholarship Programs have been integrated and branded as Global Korea Scholarship in 2010, the name is changed to GKS (Global Korea Scholarship).
Number of expected grantees
- General Applicants from the Philippines: 13
- Korean Language Teaching Professionals from the Philippines: 1
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years (1 year of Korean language program + 2 years of degree program)
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years (1 year of Korean language program + 3 years of degree program)
06 March 2021 to 19 March 2021
Place of submission
c/o KGSP In-charge
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
122 Upper McKinley Road,
McKinley Town Center,
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City 1634
To ensure the health and safety of the applicants, applications will only be accepted
through mail courier services (i.e. LBC, DHL, JRS, etc.).
-If you will be sending via same day courier (Grab/Lalamove/etc.) please input the following details:
Recipient’s name: KGSP In-charge
– Contact number: (02) 856-92-10
– IMPORTANT FOR GRAB/LALAMOVE DELIVERY: Please note to the rider that there is NO NEED TO CALL the number given, and to leave the documents with the embassy guards upon arrival.
– Kindly label your applications with your names and “GKS Application” for the reference of our Embassy guards.
– The Embassy is not liable for any loss of document/s that is caused by same-day delivery riders or mail couriers.
– Applications sent through email or facsimile are not allowed.
– Applicants must submit a total of two (2) envelopes only (1 envelope each for original
documents and 3 photocopied sets
– Recommendation letters must be sealed
– All documents must be A4 sized
- Please read the 2021 GKS Guidelines and FAQs carefully and follow all of the given instructions.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from two different recommenders, who can provide thorough assessment on the applicant’s academic abilities. The recommendation letters must be sealed in an envelope and be submitted to the Embassy or University that conducts the first round of selection.
- All applicant documents must be presented in their original forms. If an applicant has to submit photocopied documents, the applicant MUST have the photocopies notarized, apostilled, or receive consular confirmation and submit those certified documents.
- Embassy Track applicants must submit ONE (1) set of original application forms and THREE (3) sets of photocopied application forms.
- Application documents must be submitted in the order of the checklist (‘Application Checklist’) on the first page of the application forms. Each required document must be numbered and labeled on the top right corner. (ex. 9. Certificate of Bachelor’s degree)
- All documents should be submitted as A4 sized documents. (210 x 297 millimeters or 8 ¼x 11 ¾ inches).
- TAKE NOTE: To those who are applying as Korean Language Teaching Professionals, please be reminded that there are additional requirements apart from the general documents.
- Due to the pandemic, the interview is most likely to be done virtually (to be confirmed). Please take note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified with the interview schedule.
- For general inquiries about the GKS program, please send an email to [email protected] ; For submission and logistical concerns (i.e. courier, address, etc.), please send them to [email protected]
For further details, visit their official website.
PR/ Image Source: Korean Embassy