BEAST and Taeyang Earn Top Honors at Golden Disc Awards
The first day of the 29th Golden Disc Awards, which was held in Beijing from January 14 to 15, witnessed vast wins of BIGBANG’s Taeyang and BEAST, Kpop Herald reported.
Taeyang successfully earned the grand prize for Digital Single of the Year with his mega-hit solo track Eyes, Nose, Lips. Meanwhile, BEAST snagged triple crowns, including Main Award, Popularity Award and the Best Male Performance Award.
The Golden Disc Awards, which was held first in 1986, is the most prestigious annual award in Korea, aiming to recognize outstanding achievements of Korean pop music industry. It is also the most desirable award for all singers and often referred to the Grammy Awards of Korea.
Check out the full list of winners at the first day of the 29th Golden Disc Awards below:
- Daesang (Grand Prize) – Taeyang
- Bonsang (Main Award) – BEAST, Taeyang, SISTAR, Epik High, Ailee, AOA, Girl’s Day, HyunA, K.Will, Soyu x Junggigo
- Best Male Performance Award – BEAST
- Popularity Award – BEAST and Girls’ Generation
- New Artist Award – WINNER and GOT7
- Best Hip Hop Award – Epik High
- China Good Will Star Award – GOT7
- Best OST Award – Huh Gak (My Love from the Stars)
- Trend of the Year Award – Soyu x Junggigo
- Next Generation Award – Tasty