BTS Wins Nine Awards Including A Daesang All-Kill At “2019 MAMA” + Winners List
More achievements pile up for BTS as they create history at the 2019 MAMA
A new history was created at Japan’s Nagoya Dome on December 4 as BTS wins a total of nine awards which includes four Daesang awards at the 2019 Mnet Asian Music Awards. This is the first time in the history of MAMA for an act to win all the Daesang trophies.
They won Daesang awards for Album of the Year, Worldwide Icon of the Year, Song of the Year, and Artist of the Year. Other than these, they won awards for World Wide Fan’s Choice, Best Music Video, Best Male Group, Qoo10 Favorite Male Artist, and Best Dance Performance Male Group.
Meanwhile, Lee Sora’s “Song Request” featuring Suga won an award for Best Collaboration.
With their latest win at 2019 MAMA, BTS has created new records. They are now the first artist to achieve a Daesang all-kill at MAMA.
Earlier this week, BTS had swept all the Daesang awards at the 2019 Melon Music Awards which was a first-time feat achieved by any artist. BTS is now the first artist to win eight Daesang awards within a week.
After receiving the Artist of the Year award, Suga said, “It’s been an intense year and we worked very hard this year. The members were crying last year at MAMA and we have been running and trying hard to give our best. I appreciate the many awards that we have received.” He further said, “It was so hard at times and we felt like the world was going to collapse, but as time went by, we can think about it with a smile.”
RM also added, “There is not much we can do. We will work hard in making music, practicing and dancing. We are going to shine as much as we can. We also look forward to gaining strength and working hard, and we will shine bright.”
Actor Park Bo Gum hosted the event and this is his third consecutive year hosting the coveted award show.
Meanwhile, artists such as J.Y. Park, BTS, TWICE, GOT7, MONSTA X, SEVENTEEN, MAMAMOO, CHUNG HA, WayV, ONEUS, ATEEZ, TXT, ITZY and Dua Lipa gave memorable performances at the event.
BTS performed their old songs from 2013 which are “N.O.” and “We Are Bulletproof Part 2” also brought back their old hardcore choreography. Then they performed “Boy With Luv”, “Dionysus” and “Mikrokosmos”. Their VCR also consist of many possible hints that could be related to their upcoming comeback.
List of Winners
- Artist of the Year: BTS
- Song of the Year: BTS’ “Boy With Luv”
- Album of the Year: BTS’ Map of the Soul: Persona
- Worldwide Icon of the Year: BTS
- Best Male Group: BTS
- Best Female Group: TWICE
- World Performance: MONSTA X
- Favorite Vocal Performance: MAMAMOO
- Favorite Dance Performance: GOT7
- Qoo10 Favorite Male Artist: BTS
- Qoo10 Favorite Female Artist: TWICE
- Best Music Video: BTS’ “Boy With Luv”
- Best New Male Artist: TXT
- Best New Female Artist: ITZY
- Best Male Artist: Byun Baek Hyun
- Best Female Artist: CHUNG HA
- Best OST: Gummy “Remember Me”
- Best Vocal Performance Group: Bolbbalgan 4 “Born”
- International Favorite Artist: Dua Lipa
- Best Dance Performance Male Group: BTS “Boy With Luv”
- Best Dance Performance Female group: TWICE “Fancy”
- Best New Asian Artist: WayV
- Best Solo Vocal Performance: Taeyeon
- Best Solo Dance Performance: CHUNG HA “Gotta Go”
- Best Band Performance: Jannabi “For Lovers Who Hesitate”
- Best Collaboration: Lee So Ra “Song Request” featuring Suga
- Best Dance Performance Solo: CHUNG HA
- Best Hip Hop & Urban Music: Heize “She’s Fine”
- Breakthrough Achievement: SEVENTEEN
- Worldwide Fans Choice = BTS, GOT7 SEVENTEEN, TXT, TWICE, ATEEZ, MONSTA X, BLACKPINK, EXO, X1
- Best Producer of the Year: Starr Chen, Howe Chen, Razor
- Best Composer of the Year: Pdogg
- Best Engineer of the Year: Kwon Nam Woo (Crush “Nappa”)
- Best Art Director of the Year: Yuni Yoshida
- Best Video Director of the Year: Lumpens (BTS “Boy With Luv”)
- Best Choreographer of the Year: Kiel Tutin
- Best Executive Producer of the Year: Bang Si Hyuk
Source: My Daily
Image Credit: BigHit Entertainment