News

EXO Kris to star in a movie with former Super Junior member Han Geng

By  |

Estranged EXO member Kris will be starring in a new Chinese-Korean film called Xiao You Qiao Mu with Han Geng.

Kris, who is currently in a legal battle with SM Entertainment, has been confirmed as a leading character for the romantic film along with former Super Junior member Han Geng. Actor Joo Won has also been cast.

In the film, directed by Jo Jin Kyoo, the three stars compete to win the heart of the same woman.

Many media have drawn comparisons between the two stars, who have both filed a lawsuit against SM Entertainment for unfair contracts.

Hangeng.

Hangeng.

Han Geng filed and won a lawsuit in 2009, saying that his 13-year old contract was unlawful and that the profits from the boy band were not fairly distributed.

A statement released by Han Geng’s team at the time said that the singer was forced to do things against his own will, fined when he disobeyed the company, was refused sick days off when he developed gastritis and kidney problems.

In Kris’ lawsuit, he claimed that his label never considered or respected his opinion and health when scheduling for the group’s promotional activities in South Korea and China.

“The company has treated me like a machine part or as an object of control rather than presenting a vision as an entertainer,” the 24-year-old singer was quoted as saying.

An un-named source also revealed that Kris had financial difficulties despite the group’s success in Asia.

“Over the distribution of profit, SM only showed him a self-made bill without any further detailed explanation. … This forced (him) into constant financial difficulties despite an overload of work and activities,” the source was cited as saying.

Many critics have said that Kris has been following the footsteps of Han Geng, who is now more successful in China than when he was in Super Junior.

12 Comments

1. Rosey Saleh

August 20, 2014 at 5:43 am

Well, to tell you the truth, I’ve never liked Kris when he was part of EXO, but because I really and truly was fan of EXO I didn’t appreciate them parting ways. I decided to support both sides because no matter what, Kris will always be an EXO member to me. But then, Tao and Suho called Kris irresponsible and the rest started acting like Kris was never a member of EXO, and that’s exactly when I dropped EXO from my list. I became sick of them! I’m not an anti-fan, though, I even signed up to their fandom website, but that’s about all that connects me to them. I’m 20 years old by the way. So I’m no longer a kid with a swaying opinion. #EXO12forever #WeBelieveInKris . I hope that Kris can prove that he doesn’t need anyone if he wants to make his dreams come true. Fighting, Kris! <3

2. Rae Huang Zitao

August 16, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I agree 100%

3. Rae Huang Zitao

August 16, 2014 at 2:42 pm

I dont give a fuck what no one say. I been a fan of Kris and exo km since they first came out and always will be and ill support them no matter what too. I know when it came to baekhyun and taeyeon dating I wad going in on the haters, when it came to Kris I was going in and if there are any other haters ima go in cus im faithful fan thats just me im NOT I repeat NOT a saesang but I am very defensive when it comes to exo and other groups too.

4. ShyQuietGirl

August 16, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Oh yeah, haha, honestly, I’m part of that age range too XD I’m 14. And that’s so true, how some can be so immature, but let’s not label everyone that age as immature ^-^ Kris will always be part of Exo to me!

5. ssn

August 16, 2014 at 11:34 am

Like the other commenter said, there are a lot of young teenage girls int he fandom. And I would like to say the I’m part of that age range lol. But honestly, I don’t get how some girls my age can be so immature -.- But whatever, I will keep supporting BOTH Kris and Exo no matter what ^^

6. ShyQuietGirl

August 16, 2014 at 10:43 am

Agreed! ^-^

7. becca

August 16, 2014 at 5:27 am

I’m a bit gettin to old for discussions. The last thing i wanna mention is that if kris was racist, he couldn’t have lived 6 years in canada and 8 in korea only because gainin success to return to china and upload insta posts in english language. So i think it’s wrong to blame people for pursuing their dreams by calling them racists because we’re not them.

8. Lotus Force

August 16, 2014 at 4:51 am

JYJ is different story, though I believe, the JYJ has regret doing it, because now they are banned from showing in the TV…any way, its their personal choice

but SM company have few very little Chinese members, six in EXO, and one from Super junior, and it seems most of them having problem with SM, and its very clear to me, they Join SM, as only first step, to return back to China, to be famous their

Plus, from personal experience, I know that Chinese tend to be very racist people, just see what Han Geng said…sorry to say that, but that my opinion

9. becca

August 15, 2014 at 8:28 pm

If so, then sm shouldn’t get korean trainees either after what happened to jyj am i right? Stop being such a racist please.

10. Lotus Force

August 15, 2014 at 8:15 pm

I really don’t get why SM entertainment, taking Chinese trainnies???

why don’t they learn the lesson from Han Geng???

Chinese is no more than an opportunist, racist, just remember what Han Geng has said, after left super Junior, claim that he return as Chinese, and he no longer forced Korean named Han Kyung!!!!!!

after taking all of the opportunities to become a famous star, under SM, they turned their back, to be famous inside shithole China

SM need to stop Chinese members

11. brcc

August 15, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Well, a part of exo fandom are mostly young teenage girls or simply some overgrown kids that have no idea about life, work, happiness, entertainment policy, ambition, and other seriouse factors that make people change their paths. All they can think of is that” their beloved idol just dumped the others, simply because he was selfish and just for his own success.” That’s why somebody still call him traitor. I don’t think these bunch of kids even worth looking at. Lets not care about them and just wish yifan the best! 😉

12. ShyQuietGirl

August 15, 2014 at 10:13 am

I don’t understand why everyone is calling Kris a traitor, just because he leaves doesn’t mean he can’t be successful! Fans should be glad that Kris no longer has to put up with SM’s terrible treatment.