K-News Weekly Headlines: March Debuts, Comebacks, And Upcoming Fanmeets
This week has been met with tough news from K-Pop and K-Drama celebrities alike, but have no fear: March is ushering in a plethora of new comebacks and idol groups to stan!
Catch up to Korean entertainment news with ease as we summarize what happened each week. Stay regularly updated with your favorite artists and bias by following this segment closely with us!
This weekly digest will cover K-Pop comebacks, album releases, and Korean drama news, reviews and updates. Relevant news on Korean entertainment such as celebrity buzz, film and box office information, as well as concert tours and fan meetings will also be included.
*Covers entertainment news from March 10-March 16
- 2019 Korea Times Music Festival
Set to be held on April 27, this year’s Korea Times Music Festival will be bringing some of your favorite artists to the the famous Hollywood Bowl in California.
- Park Bo Gum To Meet Japanese Fans
This May, Park Bo Gum will be flying to Japan and hold three performances to promote his Japanese album “Bloomin’”.
- HallyuPopFest 2019
- Lai Kuan Lin Announces Seoul Fanmeet Details
Get ready for a night full of good vibes with Lai Kuan Lin, as the Taiwanese-born-Wanna-One-alumnae posted details about his fan meeting.
- The Boyz Bring The Castle Fan Con To Singapore
- Chung Ha To Hold First Fan Meeting In Singapore
K-Concert and K-Fanmeeting Recaps
- Park Bo Gum Gets Candid At A Press Conference And Shares Special Moments With Singapore Fans
Park Bo Gum gamely shared his thoughts on the things he yearns for every time he comes to Singapore, the characteristics of an ideal boyfriend and the kind of boyfriend he is, the next role he wants to play, and his favorite nickname. He also made sure his fans had a good day as everyone at The Star Theatre came home brimming with happiness.
- ARMYs Fill Up Seoul Plaza For The First ARMYPEDIA Gathering
“Packed” is an understatement as Seoul Plaza was filled with over 10,000 ARMYs who showed up for the first ARMYPEDIA gathering.
- SEVENTEEN Promises To Be Their Carats’ Moon In CARAT LAND Fan Meeting
SEVENTEEN concluded its three-day fan meeting titled SEVENTEEN in CARAT LAND from March 8 to 10 with bountiful of memories created with Carats at the Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in Seoul.
- So Ji Sub’s HELLO Asia Tour In Hong Kong
K-Pop News Corner
- BTS’ Suga Makes 100 Million Won Donation To The Korea Pediatric Cancer Foundation
Instead of keeping all his blessings to himself, BTS Suga decided to spread the joy and cheer for his birthday by making a generous donation to the Korea Pediatric Cancer Foundation!
- Kim Sang Gyun Moves To Star Road Entertainment
Rapper Kim Sang Gyun officially departs from Hunus Entertainment to join his JBJ95 partner Takada Kenta; in calling one agency their home by signing an exclusive contract with Star Road Entertainment.
- MNH Entertainment Introduces New Girl Group, BVNDIT
- CJ E&M And BigHit Entertainment Pair Up To Create A New Label
CJ E&M and BigHit Entertainment have joined forces to create a new company! Officially named BELIFT LAB Incorporations but to be more known as BELIF+, the collaboration’s aim is to discover new talented artists to form an idol group.
- EXO Chen Prepares For His Career As A Solo Singer
EXO’s Chen has gotten busy preparing to make his solo debut on Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook, participating in shoots for the show and coordinating with producers to ensure his first solo stage is a success. Additionally, the singer launched a YouTube career and a cover in time for White Day.
- BIGBANG Seungri Announces Retirement From Celebrity Life
Citing the strain of his involvement with investigations, Seungri announces his retirement from being a celebrity through a note published on his Instagram account. YG Entertainment subsequently terminated their exclusive contract with him with a public apology.
- TXT Records Highest Album Sales Among 2019 Rookies And Debuts On Billboard And Oricon Charts
TXT members continue to prove that they are a league of their own as they exceed 77,000 in sales with their debut mini album The Dream Chapter: STAR. TXT also extends their debut success on Japan’s Oricon and United States’ Billboard charts with high positions!
- Son Dong Woon And Yong Jun Hyung To Enlist In Military This Year
- C9BOYZ Introduces New Visual Member, Yoon Hyunsuk
- BTS Stages A Comeback At Saturday Night Live
BTS is gearing up to make a historic and unprecedented worldwide comeback stage as BigHit Entertainment confirms that the boys are staging their comeback at the US Saturday Night Live!
- Happy Face Entertainment Introduces New Boy Group, HNB
- Highlight’s Yong Jun Hyung Announces Retirement Following Scandal
Yong Jun Hyung is officially withdrawing as a member of Highlight on March 14 through a letter posted on his Instagram account.
K-Pop Comeback News and Updates
- Park Ji Hoon Releases Details For His Comeback
Park Ji Hoon is showing the world that it’s his time for his solo debut as he shares some details for his debut mini-album, including his schedule, on March 11!
- MAMAMOO Makes Much-Awaited Comeback With White Wind
- Lai Kuan Lin And PENTAGON’s Wooseok Make Debut As Cube Entertainment’s Newest Unit
Lai Kuan Lin and PENTAGON’s Wooseok have released their highly-anticipated first music video for “I’m A Star”, the title track from their mini-album, 9801.
- NU’EST Commemorates Seven Years With A Group Comeback
Loves can welcome a brand-new NU’ESt as JR, Aron, Baekho, Min Hyun, and Ren made their highly anticipated return as a full group after three years with a chart-topping track!! The group also celebrated this milestone by making meaningful donations.
- BTS Maps The Soul With An Upcoming Comeback
BTS is coming back to take over the sound waves with a new album next month, a departure from the boy group’s Love Yourself concept. Pre-orders for this album have gone through the roof as BTS tops Amazon’s lists upon its release.
- 1TEAM Joins This Month’s Parade Of Comebacks
Live Works’ first ever boy group 1TEAM will be making their much-awaited debut on March 27. The boy group will hold a showcase at the Olympic Park K-Art Hall on the same day to commemorate its debut.
K-Drama News, Recaps, And Reviews
- K-Drama Premiere: Big Issue,
- Touch Your Heart recaps: Ep 9, Ep 10,
- Romance is a Bonus Book recaps: Ep 13, Ep 14,
- The Light In Your Eyes recaps: Ep 8,
- “Welcome To Waikiki 2” Promises A Fun Adventure With A New Cast And Teasers
jTBC entices fans with more laughter and a new cast as they release teasers for Welcome To Waikiki 2. Taking from its signature themes, Welcome to Waikiki Season 2 threads on the challenges of friendship, love and youth dreams.
- Jung Joon Young Issues Public Apology And Retires From The Industry
In a statement released on Wednesday, March 13, Jung Joon Young admitted to secretly filming women during intimate acts and sharing said videos with colleagues.
- K-Drama Time Machine: “Nine” Notches A Clever Time-traveling Series With Lee Jin Wook & Jo Yoon Hee
- K-Pop Debut Look Back: How NU’EST Redefined A Journey To The Top
- Quick Reviews: Playbook’s “Playbook”, Han Yo-han’s “Exiv” & Epik High’s “Sleepless In __________”
- Lay Zhang Takes Over Grazia China Magazine
EXO’s Lay Zhang looks laid-back with his casual and trendy style dominating the spreads of Grazia China’s 397th issue.
- Henry Lau Talks About Going Independent With Billboard
Now an independent artist after leaving SM Entertainment in 2018, Henry Lau is more than excited to show the world what he’s got without anything holding him back – which he discussed in his recent interview with Billboard.