Kollaboration Los Angeles featuring special guest performers David Choi & his father Ray Choi
Kollaboration Los Angeles, the largest showcase for Asian Pacific Islander (API) talent in North America, announced David Choi and father Ray Choi as special guest performers for its show at the Ford Amphitheatre on Friday July 13.
This will be the very first time that the talented father/son duo will be performing together. Both are highly accomplished musicians and this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see the pair debut a collaboration of their different styles. David has completed a worldwide sold-out tour and released 2 albums of original work, singing in the contemporary acoustic pop genre, while Ray has swept grand prize at various national competitions in autoharp and maintains a highly distinguished autoharp craft.
Kollaboration Los Angeles is also pleased to announce its celebrity judging panel, including:
- Jen From Head to Toe, celebrated YouTube makeup guru
- Dante Basco, actor known for his role as Rufio in the Peter Pan movie Hook
- Jaeyoon Choi, Mnet America’s Head of Programming and Production and producer of shows such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards and 2NE1 TV
- Traci Kato-Kiriyama, writer, artist and creator of Little Tokyo’s Tuesday Night Project
Other special guest performers taking the stage include comedian and founder of Kollaboration, Paul ‘’PK’’ Kim and comedian Jimmy Ouyang who has been featured on CBS’ ‘’2 Broke Girls.’’ The seven rigorously selected competitors vying for a chance to compete in November’s nationwide finale show are:
- Nate Tao, an L.A. based singer/songwriter known for his smooth, yet powerful R&B pop vocals
- Ms Laney, a versatile vocalist and performer who utilizes her classical background in pursuance of both opera and contemporary music
- Jeremy Crooks, a YouTube sensation hailing from Irvine, CA who received national attention dancing on the ‘’The Ellen DeGeneres Show’’
- Brooke Taylor, an R&B vocalist featured on Power 106 with DJ Felli Fel, Big Boy’s Neighborhood, and The Steve Harvey Show
- Dave & the Cousins, an up-and-coming indie folk band led by singer/songwriter Dave Cho that can be spotted playing on the well-known Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica
- Kaitlin Obien, a nationally recognized speech and debate artist who combines her oratorical skills and love for the ukulele to become a versatile musician
- St. Andrew, a classically trained pianist that infuses 20 years of his classical artistry into his pop music.
The 2012 Kollaboration Los Angeles show will be held in the historic Ford Amphitheatre in Hollywood, which has housed performances for renowed artistes such as The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jane’s Addiction. The 1,200 capacity outdoor venue offers an unique live performance experience under the summer night sky and allows picnicking for maximum entertainment. Ticket prices start at $15 for General and $40 for VIP. Tickets are available at www.FordTheatre.org or 323 461-3673 (for non-visual media 323 GO 1-FORD). For groups of 8 or more, please call 323 769-2147.
Kollaboration is a 501©3 non-profit organization and movement founded in 2000 by Paul ‘’PK’’ Kim. Under the guidance of Executive Producer Roy Choi and a leadership network of students and professionals all over the United States and Canada, Kollaboration Global promotes the mission of ‘’Empowerment through Entertainment’’ in the Asian Pacific Islander community. Kollaboration has produced over 60 shows to a total audience of over 50,000.
Press release: kollaboration.org