Reasons Why GOT7’s Fan Meeting In Singapore Is More Than ‘Just Right’
Over the last weekend, there was a string of K-pop events at the sunny island of Singapore. Organised by Three Angles production, the fan meetings included BTOB, Day6, Monsta X, SISTAR and GOT7.
We were present at the GOT7’s fan meeting, which was definitely a night to remember. Here are some of the unforgettable moments to why the boys’ fan meeting in Singapore was more than ‘Just Right’ on December 6:
Read more: Day6 Rocks Singapore At First Fan Meeting
1. PARTY AT 8 PM
GOT7 kick-started the night at 8 pm with the first song Stop Stop It, and IGOT7s were super hyped up and had no chill after a long wait to see the boys. To get a clearer visual of the boys, the fans behind immediately got up on their feet on the chairs. However, it was never too early to party.
2. WORRIED MEMBERS
It came to the members’ concerns that fans who stood up on the chairs might get hurt or fall accidentally. They worriedly asked fans to sit down and be careful. Jackson, who is fluent in English and Chinese, came down the stage and asked fans to “坐下 坐下” (“sit down” in Chinese).
3. BEING SANDWICHED BETWEEN THE MEMBERS
During the first game, the members and fans were required to split into two groups, with three/four members and three fans each.The first in the line was to act out a given sentence, and had to pass it on to the next member in their team. Lucky fans were not just able to have the members acting right in front of them, they were loosely sandwiched between two members while waiting for their turns.
4. RANDOM ‘WATCH ME WHIP, WATCH ME NAE NAE’ DANCE
Yugyeom and Youngjae were put into a quick dance battle. Yugyeom showed off his smooth dance, then Youngjae threw in some whip dance with JR and Bambam.
5. JOKING WITH FANS AS FRIENDS
During the second game – Musical Chairs, the members were so absorbed in the game. There was one round when only Youngjae got the chair, then Jackson immediately pulled him away from the chair.
In the next round, a fangirl got the chair and Jackson jokingly said “so bad so bad,” making everyone burst into serious laughter.
Moreover, Mark cutely jumped beside a fan when making a circle during the Musical Chairs game as well.
6. LEADER JB’S REFUSAL TO SPEAK ENGLISH
When asked to express their feelings about performing in Singapore, JB came forward to say his words. Before he spoke, Jackson asked him to ‘speak English.’ However, JB did not and spoke in Korean instead, relaying that they would be happy to be back in Singapore. Meanwhile, Jackson did not give up and insisted on JB speaking in English in just ‘one word,’ but JB continued speaking comfortably in Korean.
7. FAN PROJECT
After the dance battle, a surprise video prepared by fans was shown on the screen, with Korean and English words to thank GOT7. While the video was playing, the fans down the stage also held a banner that reads ‘우리가 늘 너희 곁에서 끝까지 함께 걸어갈게'(We will always be by your side, and walk together with you till the end). Feeling deeply touched, Bambam expressed his gratitude to fans for the thoughtful project.
8. LOW KEY HUMOR
- JR asked the MC to spread the game instruction slowlier (the MC spoke in English) because he could not understand.
- Jackson said right in the face of Bambam: “You are taller than me!!” when Bambam said the fans were all so tall.
- Cute Youngjae picked out number 31 when there were only 1-14 to choose from.
- Bambam got a chair in the first round of the Musical Chairs game. He then funnily said it was his first time to win a game. He then continued to get the chair in the second round, to which he was proud and joked: “I have practiced this game for 10 times already.”
- Mark came forward when asked who is the best dancer in the group. How confident he was!
- Bambam said Singapore fans are cute and pretty, so are their fanboys. Jackson then quickly pointed out a fanboy among the crowd, complimenting: “the guy with red biker jacket is attractive.”
Event covered by Seckvoon / Thanks to Three Angles Production for the media invites
(Editing by Yoon Ha)